The Art of Letter Writing
Distributed for Bodleian Library, University of Oxford
The Art of Letter Writing provides more than fifty examples of well-crafted correspondence that will lend confidence whether one needs to break off an engagement, accept an invitation to a country house weekend, complain about a courier, or write to a countess.
Charmingly presented, The Art of Good Letter Writing is by turns humorously old-fashioned and timeless, and it makes the perfect gift for all who miss this elegant bygone era.
1. LOVE, COURTSHIP, AND MARRIAGE
2. INVITATIONS FOR VISITS, ETC
3. DINNERS, CONCERTS, AND DANCES
4. BUSINESS LETTERS
5. APPLICATIONS FOR APPOINTMENTS, ETC.
6. CONGRATULATIONS AND CONDOLENCES
7. HOW TO BEGIN AND END A LETTER TO PERSONS OF HIGH RANK