Why's the Beer Always Stronger Up North?
Studies of Lifelong Learning in Europe
Distributed for Policy Press at the University of Bristol
Introduction: lifelong learning as a new form of social control?
1. Lifelong learning: learning for life? Some cross-national observations
2. Models of guidance services in the learning society: the case of the Netherlands
Teresa Rees and Will Bartlett
3. The comparative dimension in continuous vocational training: a preliminary framework
Isabelle Darmon, Carlos Frade and Kari Hadjivassiliou
4. Inclusion and exclusion: credits and unités capitalisables compared
5. Using 'social capital' to compare performance in continuing education
Tom Schuller and Andrew Burns
6. Issues in a 'home international' comparison of policy strategies: the experience of the Unified Learning Project
David Raffe, Cathy Howieson, Ken Spours and Michael Young
7. Planning, implementation and practical issues in cross-national comparative research
Antje Cockrill, Peter Scott and John Fitz