The Sounds of Britain's Shores
Distributed for British Library
Experience the pure sounds of the sea with this new audio CD. From the gentle lapping of water on a Cornish beach to the powerful crashing of waves on a rocky shore, this collection of recordings explores the idea that each beach has its own signature sound and demonstrates the contrasting nature of Britain's shoreline.
- Waves on Shingle (Burling Gap, East Sussex)
- Mull Gully Waves (Isle of Mull, Scotland)
- Howick Winter Waves (Howick, Northumberland)
- Low Sea on Sand (Winchelsea Beach, East Sussex)
- Cornish Cove (Kynance Cove, Cornwall)
- Lindisfarne Seascape (Lindisfarne, Northumberland)
- Rocky Shore (Cullernose, Northumberland)
- After the Storm (Whitesand Bay, Cornwall)
- Medium Seawash onto Shingle (Denge Beach, Kent)
- Calm Sea (Wells Beach, Norfolk)
- Gentle Waves on Sand & Shingle (Totland Bay, Isle of Wight)
- Heavy Sea on Rocks (Bamburgh, Northumberland).
Running time approx 65 minutes