How Research Can Inform Public Services
Distributed for Policy Press at the University of Bristol
1. Using evidence—introducing the issues
2. What does it mean to ‘use’ research evidence?
3. What shapes the use of research?
4. Descriptive models of the research impact process
5. Improving the use of research: what’s been tried and what might work?
6. What can we learn from the literature on learning, knowledge management and the diffusion of innovations?
7. Improving research use in practice contexts
8. Improving research use in policy contexts
9. How can we assess research use and wider research impact?
10. Drawing some conclusions on Using evidence