Transforming Childcare and Listening to Families
Policy in Wales and Beyond
Distributed for University of Wales Press
Series Editors’ Foreword
1. Shaping Childcare Policy in the United Kingdom
2. Devolution, Gender and Childcare: A Distinctive Policy Agenda in Wales?
3. Mothers’ Perspectives on Childcare, Gender and Social Support
4. Different Neighbourhoods, Unequal Support? Local Childcare Services and Networks of Informal Care
5. Listening to Mothers and Fathers, Disrupting Policy?
Conclusion: Parenthood, Gender Relations and the Care Ethic in Wales
Appendix 1: Socio-Economic Profile of the Three Neighbourhoods
Appendix 2: The Sample of Mothers and Father
Appendix 3: Caring for Children Interview Themes
Appendix 4: The Sample of Policy Officers
Appendix 5: Policy Officers’ Interview Themes