Social Justice and Social Policy in Scotland
Distributed for Policy Press at the University of Bristol
List of contributors
1. Devolution, social justice and social policy: the Scottish context
Gerry Mooney and Gill Scott
2. Between autonomy and dependency: state and nation in devolved Scotland
3. Income and wealth inequalities in Scotland since 1997
Carlo Morelli and Paul Seaman
4. From social inclusion to solidarity: anti-poverty strategies under devolution
Stephen Sinclair and John H. McKendrick
5. Regeneration policy and equalities issues
6. Migration, 'race' equality and discrimination: a question of social justice
Philomena de Lima
7. Health policy and health inequalities
8. The coming of age of Scottish social services?
Sue Dumbleton and Mo McPhail
9. Education policy and social justice
Margaret Arnott and Jenny Ozga
10. Policies for young people in contemporary Scotland: a 'lost generation'?
11. Criminal justice, social inequalities and social justice
12. Working Scotland
Christine Bertram and Sharon Wright
13. Social housing and homelessness policies: reconciling social justice and social mix
Kim McKee and Danny Phillips
14. Environmental justice: a question of social justice?
15. Conclusion: towards a new phase of devolution?
Gill Scott and Gerry Mooney