Social Policy Review 20
Analysis and Debate in Social Policy, 2008
Distributed for Policy Press at the University of Bristol
List of abbreviations
Notes on contributors
Part One: Current developments
1. A year of transition in post-compulsory education and training
2. Planning for infrastructure and housing—is sustainable development a dream?
3. Towards a new pension settlement? Recent pension reform in the UK
4. Climate change and climate change policy in the UK 2006–07
5. Policy for older people in Wales
Gill Windle and Alison Porter
Part Two: Current debates
6. Flexibility or flexploitation? Problems with work-life balance in a low-income neighbourhood
7. The role of confidence and identity in civic participation: exploring ethnic group differences
8. The problem of riches: is philanthropy a solution or part of the problem?
9. Policy from the pitch? Soccer and young refugee women in a shifting policy climate
10. Social citizenship in post-liberal Britain and post-corporatist Germany—curtailed, fragmented, streamlined, but still on the agenda
Part Three: Engendering policy and politics
11. Gender and New Labour: after the male breadwinner model?
12. A review of engendering policy in the EU
13. Forming Australian families: gender ideologies and policy settings
14. Working fathers as providers and carers: towards a new conceptualisation of fatherhood