Collaboration in Public Policy and Practice
Perspectives on Boundary Spanners
Distributed for Policy Press at the University of Bristol
About the author
2. Policy context: intra and intersectoral collaboration
3. Structure and agency
4. The role and competencies of boundary spanners
5. Challenges in the boundary spanning role
6. Learning from the private sector
7. We are all boundary spanners now?
8. Implications for policy and practice
9. Reflections and conclusion
"Partnership working has long been the holy grail of public services delivery but has been addressed by endless structural reconfigurations. In this excellent book on the role and nature of 'boundary spanners', Williams shifts the focus onto the people who really make partnerships work effectively."