Screwing the System and Making it Work
Juvenile Justice in the No-Fault Society
1. Larry: "Screwing the System and Making It Work"
Part One: Institutional Gaps and Cross-Purposes as Dilemmas of Individualized Casework
2. What Makes Some Cases Special?
3. Daring the Impossible: Michael, Mary, Jerome
4. Crusading for Placement against Contentious Evasion: Rose, Harold, Henry, Joseph
5. The Litigiousness of Public Agencies
Part Two: Technology, Culture and Outcomes
6. Normal Casework
7. Erratic Organizational Support
8. Seeking Skeptical Approval
9. Disposition by Default
10. Limits of Instrumental Rationality in Casework
11. Probation Officers' Tragic Narratives
12 Conclusion: The No-Fault Society