Risky Behavior among Youths
An Economic Analysis
This important volume provides both a key data source for public policy makers and a clear affirmation of the usefulness of economic analysis to our understanding of risky behavior.
1. Risky Behavior among Youths: Some Issues from Behavioral Economics
Ted O’Donoghue and Matthew Rabin
2. Youth Smoking in the United States: Evidence and Implications
Jonathan Gruber and Jonathan Zinman
3. Teens and Traffic Safety
Thomas S. Dee and William N. Evans
4. The Sexual Activity and Birth-Control Use of American Teenagers
Phillip B. Levine
5. Explaining the Rise in Youth Suicide
David M. Cutler, Edward L. Glaeser, and Karen E. Norberg
6. Marijuana and Youth
Rosalie Liccardo Pacula, Michael Grossman, Frank J. Chaloupka, Patrick M. O’Malley, Lloyd D. Johnston, and Matthew C. Farrelly
7. The Determinants of Juvenile Crime
Steven D. Levitt and Lance Lochner
8. Environment and Persistence in Youthful Drinking Patterns
Philip J. Cook and Michael J. Moore
9. Dropout and Enrollment Trends in the Postwar Period: What Went Wrong in the 1970s?
David Card and Thomas Lemieux
10. Youths at Nutrition Risk: Malnourished or Misnourished?
Jay Bhattacharya and Janet Currie