[UCP Books]: Chicago Scholarship Online now available through UPSO Platform
Chicago Scholarship Online now available through University Press Scholarship Online Platform
CHICAGO, IL (February 26, 2013) The University of Chicago Press is pleased to announce the launch of Chicago Scholarship Online. This collaborative effort between the University of Chicago Press and Oxford University Press will deliver Chicago titles to scholars and researchers around the world through the University Press Scholarship Online (UPSO) platform.
“Because the reading and library landscape has changed so dramatically in the past decade, Chicago is always looking for new ways to have our books available in the places and platforms where scholars want to use them,” says Garrett Kiely, director of the University of Chicago Press. “We are confident that our collaborative effort will support our core mission to make the work of Chicago authors as visible and widely available as possible.” Chicago monographs in a range of disciplines from biology, sociology, and economics to literature and education, are newly available to libraries through the UPSO platform, and more disciplines will be added over time. Developed in response to increased demand for digital scholarly content, UPSO streamlines research by making monographs easily accessible, highly discoverable, and fully cross-searchable via one powerful online platform. Library Journal named UPSO “A must-have database for every academic library and many public and special libraries as well.”
Chicago Scholarship Online and the UPSO platform offer scholars and librarians many benefits:
- Increased discoverability and usage of Chicago’s monographs
- The highest quality scholarly content
- A vast and growing number of titles with abstracts and keywords at both the book and chapter level for each title
- XML-formatted content, which provides deep tagging and better search results.
- The ability to download content on the fly to PDF
- A fully cross-referenced and cross-searchable platform, with clickable citations from bibliographies and footnotes, including OpenURL and DOI-linking support
- Streamlined research through a single online platform
- Easy integration into library systems and updated frequently with new content
- Full customer support services as well as flexibility and choice in purchasing models
- Optimized functionality for mobile devices