Manuscript Submission Instructions
- Online submission: Authors are required to submit manuscripts electronically using the Editorial Manager system at http://www.editorialmanager.com/ethics/.
- Supported file formats: Please use one of the following four formats when submitting your manuscript using this system: any recent version of Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), PDF (.pdf), WordPerfect (.wpd), or Rich Text Format (.rtf). Ethics no longer accepts submissions on paper or via email.
- Figures: If your manuscript contains figures, you will need to submit these in separate files in TIFF (.tif) or EPS (.eps) format. Do not use GIF (.gif) or JPEG (.jpg) format.
- Other collateral material: To include a cover letter, your biographical note, or other collateral material with your electronic submission, please prepare each item as a separate file for uploading to Editorial Manager. If you are submitting a revised draft please include a response to the comments of the reviewers on your earlier draft, and put this anonymous response in the appropriate box.
- Completing the submission: To complete your submission using the online system, you must “approve” the submission. The journal will not receive the submission until you have approved it. After you approve it, you will receive an automated message that confirms that your submission has been sent to the journal office. If you do not receive a message indicating that your submission has been sent to the journal office, your submission has not been transmitted. In these cases, before you contact the journal office about the status of the submission, please check to see whether you need to “approve” your manuscript.
Click here for information about our review process and what you should expect after you've submitted.